[arachne] Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT... end of life for Arachne....NOT !!!!!!!!

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ariadne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 12:38:35 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 20:19:32 -0000, "Jeff" <arachne.freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> As mostly a lurker here because work has been very demanding of late, I was
> looking forward to setting up a pure DOS machine over the Christmas
> holidays. Not a programmer, I was hoping to be able to contribute in
> some way round the edges.

  You can.  :)

  Come and join us on some of the chat boards and see how much your time
and effort would be appreciated.

> Now I won't. Shame. Sorry it had to end in acrimony.

   No acrimony. All Glenn is saying is that he won't be committing the
same amount of time to Arachne code development.

   But I don't believe for one second that this is the end of Arachne
development. There is still too much to do, and always will be, but we
are also short an extra coder (or two).  I code, but not in C, so I work
around the edges, too.

Regards,
          Ron

Ron Clarke