[arachne] HOW TO FIND INFO NEEDED

  • From: "Sam Ewalt" <ewalt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 08:13:29 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, December 11, 2008 12:22 am, Brian C. Murphy wrote:

> On December 9, 2008, Bastian said,"As for SSL and DPMI ... I have no idea
> what these acronyms stand for."

At the risk of mentioning the obvious, Google gives almost instant
answers to questions like these. Also a trip to Wikipedia
will find extensive, general reference material on many computer questions
of a general or historical nature. There's even an article on Arachne!
Look up the history of DOS, the history of web browser development, history
of computer languages and so forth. There's a nice article on Javascript.

It's better than going to the library. You look it up. You can RTFM! Or
at least find out what the acronyms mean.

http://www.wikipedia.org