[arachne] Re: GOLDENHAWK CDWRITER SOFTWARE; TOO LATE

  • From: "Udo Kuhnt" <048321887-0001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 14:24:53 +0000

> I waited a long time after I discovered Goldenhawk DOS  CDWRITER
> software for sale at theNeww Hampshire based goldenhawk web site,
> because I could never get Goldenhawk to reply to my questions.

> But two months ago, I decided to gamble and purchase the DOS 32 bit
> CDWRITER software.

> To my surprise, no one was home to accept my order and the internet
> scuttlebut appeared to be saying that, despite the continuing presence
> of the Web Site and info, Goldenhawk had packed it in.

> I wonder if anyone might have bought a copy of Goldenhawk's 32 bit DOS
> CDWRITER software before that company folded, and they might be willing
> to sell me a copy if so.

> Thank you,
> Brian Murphy

Hello Brian,

be glad that you did not order it, because you would most certainly
have been thoroughly annoyed if you did. What Goldenhawk calls the
"32bit MS-DOS" version is really a Windows 32bit console version of
their software. I contacted them once and asked them why they call it
a DOS version if it does not work in DOS, and they replied that "it is
designed to run from the DOS prompt in Windows, so it is called a DOS
version." Since they think that only Windows software can be 32bit,
they do not view this as a contradiction.

Regards,

Udo

-- The DR-DOS/OpenDOS Enhancement Project - http://www.drdosprojects.de

-- This mail was written by a user of The Arachne Browser - http://arachne.cz/