[arachne] Re: Flash disk life

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 13:28:48 +0930

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:13:40 -0600, "Destiny" <destiny2b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Flash disks have a lifespan of about 100,000 writes. If used sporadically
> long life.  Daily and frequent a couple years.

And if stored in the average home environment, no rewrites, just plain
storage "until I need the stuff", how long will they last before some of
the data fades?

    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
        "Desiderata", Max Ehrmann, copyright 1952.

   ,-./\
  /     \ From Greg Mayman, in beautiful Adelaide, South Australia
  \_,-*_/   "Queen City of The South"  35d 01'44"S  138d 32'13"E