[arachne] Re: Can't find a file

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 08:46:12 +0930

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 13:02:59 +0000, Udo Kuhnt wrote:

> Hi Greg,

> the command you are looking for is called XDIR in DR-DOS.

> If you enter DOSBOOK DIR, you are presented with all kinds of topics
> related to the DIR command, including the XDIR command.

Thanks, Udo. I'll experiment with that.

I tried "DIR /?" at first, then I looked in DOSBOOK index to see if there
was anything that looked like what I wanted.

It didn't occur to me that there might be references to another command
under DIR in DOSBOOK....

Duh..... <GGGG>

    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
        "Desiderata", Max Ehrmann, copyright 1952.

   ,-./\
  /     \ From Greg Mayman, in beautiful Adelaide, South Australia
  \_,-*_/   "Queen City of The South"  35d 01'44"S  138d 32'13"E