[arachne] Can't find a file

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:41:38 +0930

Many, many years ago, I had a little utility called WHERE.COM or
WHERE.EXE that I could use to find all occurences of a file with a
particular name.

The usual format to execute it form the root directory in the form
  WHERE filename
when it would recurse all subdirectories and show all occurrences of
files of the given name. Wildcards were permitted.

With later versions of MS-DOS, this was replaced by the command
  DIR filename /S
for the same effect.

I am currently using DR-DOS which does not have a similar command.

Does anyone know of a utility that will do this function for me?

    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
        "Desiderata", Max Ehrmann, copyright 1952.

   ,-./\
  /     \ From Greg Mayman, in beautiful Adelaide, South Australia
  \_,-*_/   "Queen City of The South"  35d 01'44"S  138d 32'13"E