[HG-PBEM] Re: Pop goes the meeting

  • From: "Aaron O'Reilly" <lvmonkey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 04:08:13 -0500

> >> Another bubble pop.  "Bulwark 1000.  Sweet."  Keavy briefly smiled at
> >> the mention of the race before she got serious again.  "What about
> >> Mother Superior?  We aren't going to have to put up with any more
> >> gangsta types sniffing around here are we?  I don't like being a
> >> target outside of the race track."
> >
> > Juliette nodded in agreement. "Can we expect more attacks?" she asked.
> > "What reason do we have to believe that this Mother Superior won't try
> > something similar again?" Somewhat naively, she added, "What about the
> > authorities?"
>
> "Authorities?" the Colonel replied, seeming befuddled at the question.
> "This is Khayr ad-Din. There are no official authorities, unfortunately.
> Except maybe the Transrail Authority. However, I have worked to secure
> further aid from,... another source," the Colonel admitted. "I can't be
> more specific than that, but, to answer your question, we shouldn't see
> anymore attacks like those in the Sand Stone. Bishop Xavier has been dealt
> with appropriately." The Colonel seemed specifically suscinct on that last
> statement.
>
> [...]

"I'm still a bit confussed" Rohgen confessed. "Why would they bother doing
this to us? A racing team? I thought they were just a punk cult group of
damaged people who have a thing for drugs and sex".

Seeing the oppertunity, Rohgen innocently added "what would they care about
us for, we're in the sport entertainment trade and I've never even met their
devil, Spider". "Hell, they have yet to even try to convert me", Rohgen
tried to sarcastically feint disappointment. "Anyone else experience a
convertion attempt? And what does this Brother Xavier have to do with it?"

Rohgen decided to end off with a hint to anyone who may have seen through
the feint and jab. "I only ask this 'cause now my butts involved in this
too".

That should drop the hint that I'm lookin out for me, and not some other
person in this now obvious cloak-and-dagger routine, Rohgen thought.

[Dennis:  that was an attempt to use Human Perception on the higher
management types and they're personal flunkies-- peticularly the colonel --
while attempting (theatrics?) to appear as if to not know anything.

Ever read the Dune novels? Rohgens probing for questions... to give answers
...to shape out the real deal here behind the scenes...ala mentats <toothy
grin>]