[HG-PBEM] Re: Pop goes the meeting

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 09:39:58 -0700 (MST)

Grizzly said:

> "Who is the star?" Keavy asked, her mood brightening considerably.  Now
> the conversation was moving into territory that she was familiar, and
> more comfortable, with.  "And what do they want with the Redliners?"

"Sebastian Chance from the Port Oasis," Jezebal answered. "His father is
Randall Chance, one of the most popular and enduring film stars on Terra
Nova. Randall Chance was made famous for his leading role in 'The
Duellist' twenty cycles ago. Apparently, they are casting Sabastian for a
remake of the original series."

[...]

>> Chico spoke up. "I also want Clara to attend that meeting as well. I
>> believe that her skill with numbers will be important. Those Port
>> Oasis lawyers will try to bleed us like a hunter vine."
>>
>> "That's fine by me," Clara answered.
>>
>> "Good, very good," the Colonel affirmed. "This is really important."
>> He gestured to the array of Gears filling the hangar. "Our Gears are
>> ready for the time trials scheduled in a couple days, but we need more
>> cash to secure the spare parts necessary for repairs and maintenance
>> in the actual race." His eyes fell on Rohgen. "This will be your chief
>> task, Rohgen. Your resume claims that you are an excellent salvage
>> expert and capable of improvising. With the few spares that we have on
>> hand, Hanna and her pit team should be able to handle the time trials
>> if any issues arise, so you'll need to go and deal with the Trash
>> Queen and secure us what we'll need for the race."

[...]

Dennis D. Kirkpatrick
Littleton, CO USA