[HG-PBEM] Re: All together again [Not bothering to Sort anything out]

  • From: John Guilfoyle <john_guilfoyle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 20:30:24 -0700 (PDT)

> > Shamus, who was flanking the group a half block away. "My scope
> > is reading that west looks clearer of contacts. Perhaps, we
> > should steer that way and then continue north. We could then
> > track back onto our waypoint from the west."

> > Juliette looked at her sensor readout. Shamus' observations
> > appeared to be right. Heat signatures tapered off and became
> > more scattered further west. Also, there seemed to be a main
> > road that direction that might allow the jeep better passage
> > than their present course, giving them a shraighter
shot north. "West it is," she agreed. Maintain the formation."

> "We should pick up the pace a bit." Keavy offered.  "Going this
> slow makes me feel like a target.  At least if we up the speed a
> bit then anyone who tries to come after us will have a harder time
> targeting."  She swept to the side again and ended up zooming in on
> the Antelope.  "At least the guys don't seem to be too bad off,
> well aside from a couple of bug bites that is. They don't appear to

> be suffering from anything."

Juliette, who had just increased her speed, smiled. "Keavy, you must
love speed. Much faster and we'll leave our friends in the jeep
behind. You're right, though. Our little foray out beyond the core
has lasted long enough. Colonel, increasing to 50 kilometers an
hour." Sweeping the road ahead with her spotlights, she added, "This
surface looks good, but watch for rubble and broken asphalt."