[HG-PBEM] Re: All together again [Not bothering to Sort anything out]

  • From: "Grizzly" <irongrizzly@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 22:56:50 -0400

> John Guilfoyle said:
>
> >> The conversation in the antelope passed Keavy by and she once
> >> again took up her position in the procession.  She opened up her comm
> >> as she swept the ruins on her side.  "I think that I much prefer the
> >> Core to this place.  Any place where a gear can stomp around fully
> >> armed is not really my idea of a picnic spot.  Do we have much farther
> >> to go, Juli?"
> >
> > "Three quarters of a click or so," Lemanz answered. "And we've got tons
> > of contacts again. Lets pick up the pace. Watch the flanks, be on the
> > lookout for heavy infantry weapons."
>
> Shamus, who was flanking the group a half block away. "My scope is reading
> that west looks clearer of contacts. Perhaps, we should steer that way and
> then continue north. We could then track back onto our waypoint from the
> west."
>
> Juliette looked at her sensor readout. Shamus' observations appeared to be
> right. Heat signatures tapered off and became more scattered further west.
> Also, there seemed to be a main road that direction that might allow the
> jeep better passage than their present course, giving them a shraighter
> shot north.

"We should pick up the pace a bit." Keavy offered.  "Going this slow makes
me feel like a target.  At least if we up the speed a bit then anyone who
tries to come after us will have a harder time targeting."  She swept to the
side again and ended up zooming in on the Antelope.  "At least the guys
don't seem to be too bad off, well aside from a couple of bug bites that is.
They don't appear to be suffering from anything."

Griz