[HG-PBEM] Re: A Chance Meeting [Cleaned up]

  • From: "Alex Altman" <alex.altman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:49:03 -0400

> Chico raised his eyebrow. "Two, eh? I'd recommend one at first. It
> isn't a drink that you gulp down. Plus, it's just after sunrise."

Chance smiled at the agent and nodded. "Yeah, I was just foolin' around. I'm
sure it's a pretty serious drink. What's in it?"

> > > "I don't think that I know how to make that," Nadia interjected.
> > >
> > > Chico stood up, still looking at Sebastian with a fun smile. "I can mix
> > > one, if you'd like?"
> >
> > Chance moved to follow Chico to the bar where he could watch.
> > "Absolutely, if you don't think it'll kill me. And if you'll show
> > me how you do it."
>
> "Mixing Hard Wateroot Juice is pretty easy," Chico explained as he began
> pulling bottles off the shelves. "You need just four ingredients: dark rum,
> ginger beer, peychaud bitters and wateroot juice, of course." He smiled.
>
> "First dip the glass rim in salt, then add the rum, wateroot juice
> and bitters into
> an ice-filled glass, tall enough to take the Ginger beer," Chico
> continued as he
> mixed the ingredients. "Tilting the glass, finally pour in the ginger
> beer. I like
> Fort James myself. It has a better kick, and it isn;t as sweet.
>
> > Watching intently as Chico mixed, Chance spoke again. "Looks like
> > you know what you are doing. Are most of you from up here?"
>
> "I've been here in the Badlands a while myself." Chico handed Sebastian the
> freshly mixed drink. "Here, I'd recommend that you sip it first. The
> ginger and bitters are what gives it its burn."

Sebastian held the cocktail up to the room with a grin. "To new friends. Thank
you all for having me up here. Well, bottoms up, I guess." With that he put the
cup to his lips and took a small testing sip, and then a larger one. His face
screwed up in a wince as the burn hit him. In a strained voice, he added. "Wow.
That's got some kick..."