[HG-PBEM] Re: A Chance Meeting

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 16:18:54 -0600
On 19 Apr 2003, at 22:46, vze4qdyk@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Chance's eyes flashed with enthusiasm. "Sounds wicked. I'll take two."

Chico raised his eyebrow. "Two, eh? I'd recommend one at first. It isn't a
drink
that you gulp down. Plus, it's just after sunrise."

[...]

> > "I don't think that I know how to make that," Nadia interjected.
> >
> > Chico stood up, still looking at Sebastian with a fun smile. "I can mix
> > one, if you'd like?"
>
> Chance moved to follow Chico to the bar where he could watch.
> "Absolutely, if you don't think it'll kill me. And if you'll show
> me how you do it."

"Mixing Hard Wateroot Juice is pretty easy," Chico explained as he began
pulling bottles off the shelves. "You need just four ingredients: dark rum,
ginger beer, peychaud bitters and wateroot juice, of course." He smiled.
{HYPERLINK "/db/ingred/387"} {HYPERLINK "/db/ingred/58"} {HYPERLINK
"/db/ingred/84"} {HYPERLINK "/db/ingred/156"}

"First dip the glass rim in salt, then add the rum, wateroot juice and bitters
into
an ice-filled glass, tall enough to take the Ginger beer," Chico continued as
he
mixed the ingredients. "Tilting the glass, finally pour in the ginger beer. I
like
Fort James myself. It has a better kick, and it isn;t as sweet.

> Watching intently as Chico mixed, Chance spoke again. "Looks like
> you know what you are doing. Are most of you from up here?"

"I've been here in the Badlands a while myself." Chico handed Sebastian the
freshly mixed drink. "Here, I'd recommend that you sip it first. The ginger and
bitters are what gives it its burn."