[aodvv2-discuss] Re: version 13...?

  • From: "Lotte Steenbrink" <lsteen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 17:53:41 +0100

Hi Vicky, hi all,

Hi all,

So I had a go at updating to refer to a Local Route Set, and since the
words adjacency and bidirectionality were creeping everywhere again, I
also
updated that so it avoids "adjacency" and now refers to bidirectionality
and "next hop monitoring".

I have attached a Version 13 and a side-by-side diff as html.

Let me know what you think...

Thanks for making this change and also for adding the diff, that was
really helpful :)
I've roughly reviewed your changes and have two comments, but I probably
missed some stuff...

regarding 4.6. Local Route Set:
The wording has somewhat strong assumptions about how the implementation
and its
host OS work- maybe we could give them a bit more leeway? for example by
writing
something along the lines of:

All AODVv2 routers MUST maintain a Local Route Set, containing
information about routes learned from AODVv2 route messages. Local Route Set
entries are referred to as LocalRoutes. Note that this is a notational
convention,
intended for use throughout the document. Implementations may choose any
representation most suitable for their needs.
LocalRoutes MUST contain the following information:

LocalRoute.Address

[...]

Changes to LocalRoute state are detailed in Section 6.9.1.

If existent, the Routing Information Base is updated using this Local
Route Set:
When entries in this Local Route Set become valid,corresponfing routes
MUST be
added to the Routing Information Base.
Information Base when entries in this Local Route Set become invalid, the
corresponding routes MUST be removed from the Routing Information Base.

regarding 6.7.2. Applying Route Updates:

"After determining that AdvRte is to be used to update the Local Route
Set, the following procedure applies."

I'm wondering if it would be overkill to add a short reference where this
determining process is described? (I'm assuming 6.7.1. ?) So something
like...

"After determining that AdvRte is to be used to update the Local Route
Set (as described in section 6.7.1.), the following procedure applies."

Cheers,
Lotte

Regards,
Vicky.