[aodvv2-discuss] Re: version 13...?

  • From: John Dowdell <john.dowdell486@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 21:35:42 +0000

Hi all

Having finally had some work-related downtime due to some European
travelling, I have managed to read about half of the draft so far, the
biggest read through I have had in a long time. I have to say that the
early parts are a bit meandering and seem to repeat themselves, but once it
gets going it's really good and clear, and a whole lot better than it was.
Well done everyone.

I will finish the review and write up properly on the flight to
Yokohama, but for now the key thing that stood out was the Multicast
Routing Message Table (MRMT). It is mentioned early on with no real
explanation as to the context together with the (presumably new) Local
Route Set, and I didn't really twig what was going on until the MRMT is
next mentioned again in section 6. I would like to see a short explanation
of the context in the early section, since I wasn't sure if the MRMT was
being replaced by the Local Route Set or not. Also, why are RREPs mentioned
in the context of the MRMT? I thought they were unicast, and therefore
should never turn up in the MRMT checking process.

More next week.

Best regards
John

On Sunday, 25 October 2015, Victoria Mercieca <vmercieca0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

So I had a go at updating to refer to a Local Route Set, and since the
words adjacency and bidirectionality were creeping everywhere again, I also
updated that so it avoids "adjacency" and now refers to bidirectionality
and "next hop monitoring".

I have attached a Version 13 and a side-by-side diff as html.

Let me know what you think...

Regards,
Vicky.