[aodvv2-discuss] Re: Status, please?

  • From: John Dowdell <john.dowdell486@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 09:41:47 +0100

Hi Charlie

I'm just back in the office yesterday after most of two weeks off, so I'm also wading through the day job backlog.

I haven't seen either Chris' or Thomas' comments but it sounds like you are a long way towards generating answers. It's going to be a few days before I can put the time in to have a proper look through. Like you, I'm disappointed that it's taken this long to extract comments from the WG but I guess we all have busy day jobs. However we have the comments now.

Stan, it might be worth penning a note to Justin (or even to the manet list) that we've had some last-minute substantial comments following the WG meeting and therefore we are unable to make our deadline that we were asked to commit to in Prague. Without seeing the comments it's difficult to decide what the new deadline should be but I can see it's going to be at least two more weeks and maybe three before a new version is out.

My problem is that my funding for Vicky to spend time editing the draft is at an end and I'll have to go and ask people if there is some underspend I can help them with.

Regards
John

On 10/08/15 17:59, Charlie Perkins wrote:

Hello folks,

We're supposed to have had a new revision by last week.

Could someone please let me know the status, and if we are going to be judged as having met our goal?

Also, I developed quite many hours worth of responses to recent comments to the mailing list, and posted those responses here. I hope that my responses will be considered as worthwhile to incorporate into the upcoming revision. Should we have a teleconference to discuss the details? Admittedly, some of those details were done hurriedly, as I was under the strong impression that we had to put out a new revision last week.

I suppose that, according to discussions at the last IETF, we will not be judged poorly if we do not resolve every comment that was posted at the very very last minute -- and so I hope we can produce the revision, meet the goal, and continue to Last Call as soon as possible.

Regards,
Charlie P.