[aodvv2-discuss] Questions - Applicability Statement

  • From: Victoria Mercieca <vmercieca0@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 14:55:57 +0100

Hi all,

While going through the draft I've come up with a load of questions and
notes. Addressing these will make the draft more complete and resolve some
of the ambiguity which might affect an implementation.

I'm going to divide these into a number of emails so that it should be
easier to follow each discussion.

This email contains questions about the applicability statement (Section 4
in Version 9a and Section 3 in Version 9b):

1. 'If AODVv2 is the only protocol interacting with the route table' -
could someone expand on this paragraph as I didn't completely understand
it. The router will already send a request for any destination, if the
source of the packet to be sent is a router client. Does it mean it will
respond to a RREQ even if it is not responsible for the target?
2. The bit about sparse traffic scenarios - is this because of unicast
routes? Does the statement still apply if we have subnets configured as
Router Clients?
3. The paragraph about emergency scenarios - I cant help interpreting
this as "AODVv2 is great if you don't want any security" - seems a bit
strange to say this, especially with the changes we need to make to the
security section.

Comments welcome :-)

Kind regards,
Vicky.