[aodvv2-discuss] Re: Metrics (removing references to alternate metric types)

  • From: Charlie Perkins <charles.perkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 09:44:33 -0700

Hello folks,

Yesterday, our conclusion was that we would NOT get rid of metric types, but would instead state that the current specification only provides support for bidirectional metrics.

Would it be possible to see the text in a form that could be compared against the existing text?

Microscopic follow-up below.

On 9/24/2015 8:01 AM, Victoria Mercieca wrote:

I've snipped a lot out of the metrics section, but to really accomplish removing references to other metric types we should get rid of stuff throughout the draft - Metric Type number allocations, references to the MetricType data element in the message processing sections? - do we want to do that?

Here's my cut down version so far if you would like to skim over it? Should I cut more out of here, and cut Metric Type number allocations and references to the MetricType data element too?

Regards,
Vicky.

AODVv2 defines cost functions for both link cost and route cost. <!-- Cost(Li) and Cost(Lo) in future? -->

I am pretty sure the two variants are not needed, but if they were, the names should be different.

Regards,
Charlie P.