[aodvv2-discuss] Expanding rings multicast

  • From: John Dowdell <john.dowdell486@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AODVv2 Discuss <aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 17:10:08 +0100

Hi Charlie

So I have to confess that, while reading your Intermediate RREP draft, I didn't really know what Expanding Rings Multicast was so I went and did some reading, ending up in RFC3561.

I can sort of see what you are describing, in that you are effectively pinging an RREQ in the hope of receiving an RREP on a steadily increasing timeout (if I have understood that correctly). Can you elaborate some use cases on when you have found that facility useful please?

Best regards
John