[aodvv2-discuss] Re: Draft 10

  • From: Victoria Mercieca <vmercieca0@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 16:02:55 +0100

Done and done, thanks Lotte :)

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 2:55 PM, Lotte Steenbrink <
lotte.steenbrink@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Vicky, hi all,
as John said I’ve got two exams this week so I can’t proofread thoroughly,
but I had a short look & came up with two nitpicks, maybe they’re helpful:

page 36 says:

The RREP is sent by unicast to the next hop router on the route to
OrigAddr, if the next hop is confirmed as an adjacent neighbor.

Does it make sense to specify how they’d be confirmed? For example by
writing:

The RREP is sent by unicast to the next hop router on the route to
OrigAddr, if there is a Confirmed entry in the Neighbor Table for the
next hop.

Also, can/should we add Keyur Patel to the Acknowledgments?

Regards, Lotte

Am 06.07.2015 um 12:36 schrieb Victoria Mercieca <vmercieca0@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi all,

This morning I added the multicast RREP idea. I changed the use of the
AckReq data element to include the address of the intended next hop (and
gave that address an address type value for our new Address Type TLV). I
did not write text that would allow the multicast RREP to take the place of
the RREP_Ack.

I also added clarification that the gateway router (Internet AODVv2 Router
or IAR) is not to be configured as a default router. If there is more text
that needs adding for any of the gateway functionality, send it quick! :-)

It could do with a proof-read if anyone has time.

I'm attaching an XML and a TXT file which will need to be submitted later
today as per the deadline of 2359 UTC Monday 6th July. I will leave that
for Charlie to do again.

Did we request a slot for the MANET meeting?

Kind regards,
Vicky.

<draft-ietf-manet-aodvv2-10.txt><draft-ietf-manet-aodvv2-10.xml>