[aodvv2-discuss] AODVv2 manet WG pre-meeting

  • From: John Dowdell <john.dowdell486@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AODVv2 Discuss <aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 14:17:30 +0100

Dear all (and that includes you, Justin)

I'd like to request an informal AODVv2 and manet co-chairs pre-meeting at Prague to go through the possible scenarios that could happen in the manet WG meeting, and the ramifications of each.

Particularly

1. If the WG decides it is not in favour of last call, what are the possible alternatives?
2. If the protocol is rebranded as Experimental, what does that mean?
3. What does the IETF rule-book say about having to have implementations (and indeed about maturity in general) of standards track protocols at the first time it is submitted as a candidate for RFC?

I note the meeting has now moved to Thursday which gives us some breathing space. Vicky won't be there so we need somewhere reasonably quiet in range of WiFi so she can Hangout with us.

@Justin and Stan (with co-chair hat on), can we find time for this please? I'm not suggesting for a second that we fix the outcome, but that we are all aware of the deeper meaning of whatever the WG decides.

Best regards
John