[antispam-f] Re: DeleteSubject issues

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 17:45:59 +0200

On 18 Mar, lists (ww) <lists@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The spam mail was deferred, showing in the Marking window.

> My email address to which the spam was aimed did not have a log,
> curiously. So I re-instated it and logging for that address began.

> Also (AS_Deleted log) I see evidence of DeleteSubject operating:

> Message 15 deleted on rule 3:
>   Delete Subject: List DeleteSubject (wal-mart)
>   Subject: Someone has sent you a $1000 Wal-Mart Gift Card
>   From: Wal-Mart Notice<Wal-MartNotice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Message 16 deleted on rule 3:
>   Delete Subject: List DeleteSubject (degree)
>   Subject: Get financial aid and earn your online degree in record time!
>   From: OnlineStudent<OnlineStudent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Let me get this straight: these messages were deferred even though the
log states they were deleted? That's weird. I have a lot of similar
entries in my DeleteSubject file and I've never seen this happen.

Do you have any recent examples?

The only situation I can think of that comes close, is when a message is
deferred on another rule first and THEN the keyword is entered manually
into the DeleteSubject file (i.e. not by using the function in the
Marking window). If you forget to press the 'Forget headered/deferred
messages?' button this message will continue to be deferred (on a
Process Marked Message rule).

Regards,
Frank