[antispam-f] Re: DeleteSubject issues

  • From: "lists (ww)" <lists@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:19:00 +1300

On 14 Mar, Steven Pampling <steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The first thing to look at in diagnosing the problem is what
> happens to the spam mail: is it deferred or accepted? Then look at
> the logs to find which rule dealt with the mail. Sometimes on this
> you discover that you actually have a rule earlier in the sequence
> that is dealing with the mail before a delete rule can remove it..

The spam mail was deferred, showing in the Marking window.

My email address to which the spam was aimed did not have a log,
curiously. So I re-instated it and logging for that address began.

Also (AS_Deleted log) I see evidence of DeleteSubject operating:

Message 15 deleted on rule 3:
  Delete Subject: List DeleteSubject (wal-mart)
  Subject: Someone has sent you a $1000 Wal-Mart Gift Card
  From: Wal-Mart Notice<Wal-MartNotice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message 16 deleted on rule 3:
  Delete Subject: List DeleteSubject (degree)
  Subject: Get financial aid and earn your online degree in record time!
  From: OnlineStudent<OnlineStudent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

(Maybe I ought to change degree to "online degree")

Thanks.
Brian

--
Auckland NEW ZEALAND