[antispam-f] Re: AntiSpam 1.62

  • From: Steven Pampling <steven.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 08:34:16 +0100

In article <512b3a09efantispam@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <512b0fb9f0steven.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Steven Pampling <steven.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In article <512217e595antispam@xxxxxxxxx>,
> >    Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Version 1.62 is now available from http://antispam.aconet.org/

> > > Strictly speaking this is still a bit beta, although it isn't marked
> > > as such. Because of a serious lack of time I have not done any real
> > > testing on the parts of the program that are - presumably -
> > > unaffected by the changes. I realise this may be asking for trouble,
> > > but the alternative would be to delay the release of this version
> > > even longer.

> > Still running 1.61.6 as 1.62 threw up a Resources Netherlands error
> > and I didn't have time to play about.

> What error was that exactly? The one to do with different versions?

As I recall, yes.
IIRC the code checks the date of the resource file, but why would it check
the details of a resource file that wasn't applicable to the territory set
in the machine?
It's rather like checking the lithuanian help file for a text editor on an
uk english machine.

> > As an aside BT sub-accounts all need their own distinct username and
> > password combination so Popstar (SMTP mail) now has a backstage helper
> > to enable the sorting of mail from one outgoing directory into a
> > directory per account and a little collection of roadies to use the
> > correct passwords to send the mail...

> Interesting. If I can find the time, I must add something like that to
> the application I wrote for sending mail to SMTP servers that require
> SSL/TLS.

I think I will neaten things up before letting anyone else look. It really
isn't pretty.
In essence it checks the From address of the mail and moves it to an
appropriate directory structure then sets the mail directory for Popstar
and runs it, then sets again to a different directory and runs popstar,
etc.
Obey files and some OS_File 8  and OS_FSControl 25 (and 26 )
sort of does the job.

--

Steve Pampling