[antispam-f] Re: AntiSpam 1.62

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 08:11:01 +0200

In article <512b41d493steven.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Steven Pampling <steven.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <512b3a09efantispam@xxxxxxxxx>,
>    Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > What error was that exactly? The one to do with different versions?

> As I recall, yes.
> IIRC the code checks the date of the resource file, but why would it
> check the details of a resource file that wasn't applicable to the
> territory set in the machine?

Actually, it never occurred to me that people might want to delete some
of the files, even if they are not needed in a particular territory.

The program checks the integrity of the entire package and it will
continue to do so, because I can never be certain that a user will want
to use - and continue to use - the default language set for his or her
machine. E.g. I use the English version of some programs, because the
Dutch translation is so bad it makes my toes curl.

Regards,
Frank