[angelscript] AS 2.2.0 WIP 4

  • From: "Andreas Jonsson" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "angelscript" <angelscript@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 21:30:47 -0300

I've uploaded the 4th WIP of version 2.2.0, this time adding support for object
handles in struct members. To make the engine able to handle potential circular
references that are now allowed, a garbage collector was implemented. Currently
this garbage collector must be invoked manually with a call to
engine->GarbageCollect(), but I intend to make the GC incremental and allow the
application to configure the engine to invoke it automatically.
I also added a new preprocessor flag AS_MAX_PORTABILITY which disables support
for native calling conventions such as cdecl, stdcall, and thiscall. Only
asCALL_GENERIC is available when this flag is defined. The benefit is that this
should make the library work on any platform/compiler. If anyone has other
compilers and/or platforms that have not yet been confirmed I would appreciate
it if you could test this for me. Example: PS2, Mac, Metrowerks Codewarrior,
etc.

I'd also like to point out that Anthony Casteel, a.k.a Deyja has updated his
preprocessor, with bug fixes and other changes. The preprocessor is now
independent from AngelScript and could even be used with other languages.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelScript - AngelCode Scripting Library
http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/
http://www.angelcode.com/forums/