[analogorgans] Re: analogorgans Digest V3 #36

  • From: "Jean Moquin" <jean.moquin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 06:27:50 -0400

Hello Karen,

A few years ago, Charlie Strack helped me designed a very successfull reverb system for my 330, using an Alesis reverb....I would gladly send you (or to anybody who would need it) a schematic of it ....

Jean

jean.moquin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:05:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: Karen Lewis <kkinglewis@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [analogorgans] Alesis midiverb

Hi all: I have seen numerous references to Alesis midiverb and would like to know more about it.I imagine that it adds reververation to an organ, but that's all I know.Can anyone explain?

Regards,  Karen

Karen C. Lewis
Organist
Holy Cross Catholic Church
Cross City,FL
AGO member

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:24:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: Karen Lewis <kkinglewis@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [analogorgans] Re: Schematic

Jerry, the schematic came through just fine, and will definitely look into the after market one you suggested.Thanx a lot! I read with interest the posts about midifying. I was in contact with Sound research, and they told me that they didn't make modules for my organ. Is this just true of the 750, all Rodgers, or are they just giving me wrong information. I believe that they said it would be extremely complicated because of multiplex keying, or some such.I have no knowledge of electronics at all.My husband knows the basics from his Navy training years ago.
Regards, Karen

Karen C. Lewis
Organist
Holy Cross Catholic Church
Cross City,FL
AGO member

Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:05:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: Karen Lewis <kkinglewis@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi again, Jerry. My husband looked at the schematic and he said that it is for thed reversable circuit only, not the schematic for the sound module. The link that you gave me is also for combiation actiona and such, not for "sounds".Do you know of anyone that is making aftermarket stop circuit boards \for analog organs?

Karen C. Lewis
Organist
Holy Cross Catholic Church
Cross City,FL
AGO member

----- Original Message ---- From: Jerry Akers <jerry_akers@xxxxxxxxx> To: analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2006 9:18:45 AM Subject: [analogorgans] Re: Schematic

Hello Karen,

Here is a Cymbelstern reversible circuit from Rodgers. This is from a 205 Model, but should be exactly the same for the 750BE that you have. Please let me know if you get this image OK - I did a cut & paste and sometimes that image doesn't make it through the mail.

------------------------------

From: "Jerry Akers" <jerry_akers@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 12:41:03 -0600

Hi Karen,

I'm not going to comment specifically on what "they" told you.

But, I have "MIDI-fied" many an analog Rodgers and they are extremely
easy to do.  I personally like the Syndyne boards.  You're welcome to
call me on the phone and we can chat about it if you'd like.  Let me
know and I'll give YOU my phone number.

Best regards,
Jerry Akers

Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 17:29:26 -0400
From: "Kevin Sterling" <kasterling@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Jerry,

I have a Rodgers 145 Alexandria which has the "time-share keying circuitry."
Have you ever midi-fied a Rodgers with that circuitry? Sound Research says
they can do it by building special circuitry--and I trust Vern Jones
expertise. However, I'm wondering if you have another approach and could
share it. I would love to be able to bring MIDI to this organ. Thanks.

Kevin Sterling

*************************************************************************** Kevin Sterling, M.Ac., L.Ac., Dipl.Ac. Acupuncture for the Gentle Mending of Body, Mind, and Spirit 410-792-7531 ~ kasterling@xxxxxxxxxxx Website: http://www.kevinsterling.net <http://www.kevinsterling.net/> -----Original Message----- From: analogorgans-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:analogorgans-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jerry Akers Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 2:41 PM To: analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [analogorgans] Re: Schematic

From: "Jerry Akers" <jerry_akers@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:13:32 -0600

Hi Karen,

I'm just a little confused as to what you are looking for.  Do you want
to add addition stops?   I was thinking that you wanted to add MIDI.
If you're wanting to add MIDI, Rodgers offers nothing for that - you
have to do you own.  The Syndyne link that I thought I sent was a board
that could easily be integrated into your Rodgers console to add MIDI.
You need one board for each keyboard you want to add MIDI to.

It's not like you're going to find something "plug-in" on the market.

Best regards,
Jerry

From: "Jerry Akers" <jerry_akers@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:42:53 -0600

Here's the link for the Syndyne MIDI board:

http://www.syndyne.com/products/ls6400.pdf

All you really need is a positve DC voltage input for each note on the
keyboard.

Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 17:59:59 -0700
From: "Foothill.net" <soundres@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello All,
The time shared Rodgers organs do not have DC keying from the manuals,
but have multiplexed keying, called time shared keying. Not the easiest
to adapt for MIDI.

Vern, Sound Research     http://www.sound-research.net

Jerry Akers wrote:

Here's the link for the Syndyne MIDI board:

http://www.syndyne.com/products/ls6400.pdf

All you really need is a positve DC voltage input for each note on the
keyboard.

Hi again, Jerry. My husband looked at the schematic and he said that
it is for thed reversable circuit only, not the schematic for the
sound module. The link that you gave me is also for combiation actiona
and such, not for "sounds".Do you know of anyone that is making
aftermarket stop circuit boards \for analog organs?

Karen C. Lewis
Organist
Holy Cross Catholic Church
Cross City,FL