[AMHSO] my self

  • From: Abdiel Caceres <acaceres@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amhso <amhso@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 13:49:17 -0600

hiya!

Hi to everyone. I am Abdiel Caceres Gonzalez. My first degree was in computer sciences with a Theme related with art and computers, then the master degree in computational geometry and a little digital topology all that involved in a computer system for monitoring illegal activities in natural reserves.

After this, the Doctor degree at Advanced Study and Research Center making studies in cellular automata, specifically in lca(2,1) Rule 110 within a research group.

Two are the main topics related with rule 110 (of my own interest):

a) The relation of rule110 triangles with some ancient geometry problems, like packing problem and kissing problem (18th Hilbert problem)
b)The relation of rule110 triangles with formal language theory, from the view point of tiles and adding rules to make patches, defining a computational machine based on R110 tiles.

One of the things that I have curiosity of knowing at AMHSO is.. Which is the particular interest of every one in rule 110?

seeya!

-abdiel caceres gonzalez
Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados IPN
Mexico DF
http://computacion.cs.cinvestav.mx/~acaceres
tel.[01|044] 55-1171-4008