[amen] From Moscow. a report on meetings and a basement

  • From: Seraphim Sigrist <ssigrist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 08:40:16 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Friends,
I have not updated you enough on our work in Moscow within the heritage of
Fr Alexander Men... but it goes on and touches new areas and continues to
need our and your support. anyway here are some immediate notes on the
third day my Moscow visit.

book party for David Smith a friend from UK and author of moving to emmaus
(which now has a russian translation) he read an early copy of my new book
"A Life together" and has submitted a review to amazon which should be up
within 24-48 hours.
his vision of mission as a journey together of believer and nonbeliever and
halfbeliever etc on the road and together discovering Christ is very parallel to
mine ...well but that and

at our retreat center in Semhoz , Fr Men's town, the basement is now being
developed to give an area for recreation-- sofas tv etc which has been lacking
the garden is beginning to flower and new trees are appearing....

a group of 25 was there from a parish in St Petersburg and we discussed
small group work and also Fr Alexander Men and did an evening Bible study
on Deuteronomy about choosing Life... what is life?  is not life only in God so
that in addhering to God (the spell check may I note to the side is russian so
it
finds every english word a misspelling but anyway) to God we are already
entering an eternal endless life because there is only one life...

Heraclitus men live as if possessing a separate word but the word is One...

Anyway a parish retreat which is one use of our retreat house...

well, what?, returned to Moscow. Wednesday I will speak on Japan...will
introduce my book on Saturday next...

these just now yours

+Seraphim