[amen] Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen!

  • From: Seraphim Sigrist <ssigrist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Amen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 17:55:22 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Friends of Hosanna Community,
  As I write it is early morning hours in Moscow and the churches
  are full or much fuller than usual and the joy of Easter dawns
  a week later than for our brothers and sisters.It is the time of
  greeting each to each in the traditional and wonderful words:
  Christ is Risen!
  Indeed He is Risen!
  Some members of our community are at Semkhoz outside
  the city at our retreat house and attending midnight liturgy
  at the little church where Fr Victor Men is pastor
  and then tonight in Moscow there will be a festival gathering
  of the community and celebration.

  I would like to share just two words from Hosanna today
  the first from the greeting from Moscow we sent some days
  ago before the first Easter that the Resurrection is the one
  Fact ,the one Event on which all our life is based and what
  else would be only hope and inspiration is now certain...

  And from my greeting to the community this thought that
  as the preparation for Easter and the joy of Resurrection are
  permanent places of the heart so the season we now enter
  which is that of the days before Pentecost is a permanent
  and vital time...
  the time of entering into "newness of life" as St Paul said
  and this is a challenge perhaps we have yet not fully
  faced and yet a joyful one to be called to begin again...

  I think in Narnia how the children see a giant whose name they
  are told is Time but when he wakes he will be given a new name.
  Well as Christ wakes from death so Time begins to
  become new...there stands before us a New Time which
  in the Holy Spirit we can even now begin to enter...
  let all this be realized in a new way in each of us...

  Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen!

  In news we can say that the first rennovations to the missionary
  center will be completed in early May,there is a problem of
  payment but we thank God for all opportunity ahead and to
  you all for all support
  yours in the joy of this day
  +Seraphim

      +Seraphim Sigrist

Donations for HOSANNA to
The Patristic Society
c.o 320 South Broadway, Unity P-7
Tarrytown New York 10591
   (all correspondence to me:  ssigrist@xxxxxxxxx, or sigrist@xxxxxxxx )

OR TO PAYPAL --CLICK ON "DONATE" BUTTON AT
http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=hosanna
AND
 FOLLOW
 THE SIMPLE