[amc] Update on Evacu-ees at Convention Center

  • From: "Ray Gingerich" <RGingerich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 14:57:12 -0500

Hi All,

Barb and I just returned from the Convention Center where we delivered packs of
flipcharts, markers and masking tape. Right now, there are TOO MANY
VOLUNTEERS--30-40 just waiting for assignments. There are at least 10 trucks
parked outside full of food and other supplies.

I would assume that there may be work to do when many of these volunteers need
to go back to work on Tues.

I have a friend inside who will be phoning me re: needs (like the flipchart
pads, etc) that are not immediately available and may be phoning some of you
for help.

Ray and Barb