[amc] Relief Sales News - Saturday, November 13 in Houston

  • From: stephen hochstetler <srh2pjh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mennonite Church Austin <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 14:03:04 -0500

The website is www.texasreliefsale.org and has many pictures of the quilts
and crafts that will be auctioned.   It also has a map if you need it.

Every November, we in Texas have a special opportunity to support the work
of Mennonite Central Committee through the Texas Mennonite Sale & Auction
for World Relief ("the Relief Sale").  This is one of 45 festive fundraising
events held every year across the US and Canada and is coming up this
Saturday, November 13.  Mennonite Central Committee (MCC), a worldwide
ministry of Anabaptist churches, shares God's love and compassion for all in
the name of Christ by responding to basic human needs and working for peace
and justice. MCC envisions communities worldwide in right relationship with
God, one another and creation.  If you're interested in being a part of this
effort, see the suggestions below.

*Top Ten Things You Can Do To Support the Relief Sale*

10.  Plan to attend and volunteer to help on November 13.
9.   Distribute brochures to your friends, co-workers, neighbors, or
businesses.
8.   Plan to come to Holy Cross Lutheran Church Friday afternoon and
evening, Nov. 12, and help with the set up.
7.   Consider donating any extra used books you may have around the house.
6.   Plan to enjoy a delicious lunch at the Sale, prepared by our brothers &
sisters in the Hispanic Mennonite Churches of Texas
5.   Encourage all of your Facebook friends to come to the Relief Sale on
November 13.
4.   Bring the pennies and spare change that you've been accumulating and
donate it to Penny Power, which will support education projects in
developing countries.
3.   Fire up your oven and bake some cookies, bread, pies or other goodies
for the bake sale that always seems to sell out early.
2.   Pray for the Relief Sale that it will be successful.
1.   Pray for the Relief Sale, that it will be evident to everyone there
that we do all of this because we believe that God intends all people
everywhere to be able to experience life in all its fullness.

thank, steve