[amc] Re: Indy Media Estimates 10 Million Worldwide

  • From: Ben Chappell <benchapl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 17:11:30 -0600

Ray,
Indy media forgot one: 450 in Newton, Kansas. We persevered despited
below-freezing temperatures and 25 folks out for a "loyalty rally" on
the same lawn (a big sign of theirs said that the twin towers
condemned us, and they tried to drown out our speakers by playing
"I'm Proud to Be an American"). Also, there were some anti-abortion
demonstrators from out of town who stood in front of the anti-war
group with signs like "no war in the uterus." Anything can happen in
Kansas.

This morning, the front page picture of the Wichita Evil Bacon (oops,
Eagle Beacon) was of the 10,000-strong march in Austin. We were proud
of yall!

Peace
Ben
--