[amc] Re: Fwd: First Austin Mennonite Beer Tasting

  • From: Steve Friesen <Friesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 23:34:55 -0600

On 1/7/08 11:21 PM, "Ray Gingerich" <rjgingerich@xxxxxxxxx> held forth:

> Linda,
>
> It may be the first Mennonite beer tasting anywhere since Mennonites came
> under the influence of Carrie Nation!

Correction: it may be the first *openly admitted* Mennonite beer tasting...
:-)

Steve

> Ray
>
> On Jan 7, 2008 9:17 PM, Linda Snow <lindamariesnow@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> For those who plan on attending  Sarah's
>> commemorative beer tasting, direction's to
>> Linda and Paul Snow's follow....
>>
>> Find your way to 183 North or South.
>> Exit Lake Creek Parkway
>>
>> (usually send folks down Anderson Mill road but will use
>> Lake Creek to avoid construction)
>>
>> (183 South) Take a Right onto Lake Creek Parkway
>> (183 North) Take a Left onto Lake Creek Parkway
>>
>> Left onto Pecan Cree Parkway
>>
>> (5th) Right onto Opal Trail
>>
>> 10906 is the Ugly Brown house with the boarded up window ;)
>> We'll be on the right hand side of the road right across from Quartz
>> Circle.
>>
>> Linda (512)431-2158
>> Paul   (512)627-8841

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve Friesen
Louise Farmer Boyer Chair in Biblical Studies
Dept. of Classics, 1 Univ. Sta. C3400
University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX 78712

W: (512) 471-8629
F: (512) 471-4111
H: (512) 482-0822

https://webspace.utexas.edu/~sjf365/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gallup Poll shows:

58% of Republicans report having excellent mental health.
43% of independents report having excellent mental health.
38% of Democrats report having excellent mental health.

"But the key finding of the analyses presented here is that
being a Republican appears to have an independent relationship
on positive mental health above and beyond what can be
explained by these types of demographic and lifestyle variables.
The exact explanation for this persistent relationship -- as noted --
is unclear."

http://www.gallup.com/poll/102943/Republicans-Report-Much-
Better-Mental-Health-Than-Others.aspx