[amc] FW: Prayer for Peace this Sunday

  • From: "Kathy Reid" <Kathy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 17:12:19 -0600

-
Subject: Fwd: Prayer for Peace this Sunday

sm@xxxxxxx
MCC, Box 500, Akron, PA 17501; Tel: 717-859-1151, Fax: 717-859-2171

PRAY AT NOON THIS SUNDAY

"I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I
said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally,
I'll be there." Mother Teresa

On SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 9TH at noon New York time (9 AM Pacific, 5 PM London),
millions of people around the world will focus their prayers of peace,
sending a wave of healing energy to the governments of both the US and
Iraq. Join this experiment in manifesting a peaceful conclusion to this
standoff in the Middle East. The vigil will be called the Great Experiment.
Pass the word to everyone you know and, most of all, participate by adding
your prayers.

A large group will be gathering in Jerusalem, instead of Iraq, as the
cradle of the three major mono-theistic religions. Millions around the
world will be seeking, at the same hour, the experience of oneness, for
only then can the Peace of God flow into our lives. Along with prayer at
the designated hour, you are also being asked to join the millions of
people who will spend the entire day, February 9th, giving peace and
compassion to everyone they meet.

Let it be an active prayer you live all day on SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 9TH,
enjoying your peaceful and compassionate actions and interactions with
others. Go out of your way to bring smiles to others.  It's that simple.
Then at the correct time for your area (noon New York time; 9 AM Pacific, 5
PM London) join millions as we focus our prayers of peace, sending healing
to dissolve the hatred and suspicion that could lead to war. Some will
think it naive and simplistic, but we believe that our loving actions are
what will heal the world, and that our prayers of peace are the most
powerful force in the Universe. This is the spiritual Art of Peacemaking.

We believe that we have the power to create a world of peace rather than
violence, but we need your help to make this real. PLEASE PASS THIS EMAIL
TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW.

[  End of Original Text ]