[amayausers.com] Re: thread setup 101

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 22:35:00 UT

This message was posted by Oregonian1a on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/773.html#000009

I got a cone of metalic thread from a local shop that was small and had no
taper. It's core wasn't quite big enough to go over the plastic holder at the
bottom of the cone tube.

I was able to use it by putting one of those circular pieces of cardboard with
a hole in the middle that shipped with my machine over the cone tube. Then I
set the small cone on top of that. I took up the "play" between the metal cone
tube and the inside diameter of the cone by tightly rolling a length of cap
backing so the inside hole of the backing roll was the size of the metal tube,
and the outside of the roll just fit inside the cone.

Was quicker to do it than explain  :)