[amayausers] Re: step index error?

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 16:21:13 -0400

Cheryl, you were right on with the diagnosis...Sue took a chance and called
Melco...and got right through to a tech. They walked her through and found
that the presser foot was bent (explaining the off center needle), had to
manually move the needle head (it was 'blocked' in stepper window of
maintainence) and blow out more stuff.
Problem we run into with hats-if something goes wrong and we have to restart
on a hat, we can't 'recenter' the hoop-we usually have to physically  center
each hat on the hoop using the controls-to get the image dead center on the
real hat center. Once we do this-if the design is reset-the hoop goes back
to 'home center' and not where we lined it up.
Guess we have to run another hundred hats to screw up before we get used to
it!
Roland