[amayausers.com] Re: software upgrade OK for non-XTs?

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:06:29 -0400

My Designshop is version 6, Amaya OS is version 7...both were upgraded simultaneously as new upgrades came out until I was told 'next one you pay for'...which wasn't what I was promised... also, I was told next version up was for XT's so I haven't bothered with it! All the glitches and bugs in both (at least for the Big Red) are gone...I haven't had any 'program' problems-it usually turns out to be mechanical (burr on needle, needle not turned, needle alignment off, bobbin tension off) or my digitizing (wrong stitch density, etc.)

so I'm happy where I'm at with software.
It's when someone else sends me a design I need or I'm helping check one for someone and they send me version 7...I can't use it. That's the only time I notice a problem! I can't think of anything I wanted the program or Amaya to do that wasn't in the program already...auto tension is there, auto shadow for lettering, etc.-so if your program and Big Red is running fine...don't change it! Unless there is a feature or function you don't
have the program upgrade will give it to you...stay where you are.
I think all the newest features, etc. are strictly for the XT's...the Big Red doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the XT...and no doubt, the next couple of posts from a few folks
I can immediately think of will correct me!  LOL...

Roland

On Aug 13, 2008, at 4:10 PM, Sandra Walker wrote:

I have a regular, non-XT Amaya and what I think are the latest DS/ OS software versions:
    DS 7.00.114  & OS 7.00.115

I haven't installed the new software b/c I've heard some folks had lots of trouble after installing it on non-XT machines. A tech who was here recently for my PMI told me the software is really designed for XT machines...

Anybody else heard this? Anybody running these software versions on non-XT machines? If so, have you run into any trouble?
I'd like to install the updates, but don't want to open Pandora's Box!

Thanks so much!
Sandra Walker
A&E Clothing and Embroidery