[amayausers.com] Re: off colour index

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 22:16:55 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/893.html#000010

Roland,
I have a comment on what you recently posted...
Depending on which maintenance we're talking about, sometimes more is not
always a good thing.
With respect to the 2,000,000 maintenance timer...
It prompts you to put 24 drops of oil.  If you put too much more than what's
recommended, then the excess oil has no where to go and then it drips down the
inside and can very possibly get all over the sensor that is currently plaguing
Sewing Queen.
Just thought I'd mention that.

Sewing Queen,
What can disrupt this sensor's performance is either dust, oil, or both.
(Provided the sensor is otherwise functioning correctly.)
This debris can also be found not only in the sensor but also on the small
plastic pieces that ride through the sensor.  Chances are you can clean this
yourself but if you haven't had a tech service your machine in the last year,
you really should consider making an appointment.  Not only would you get this
area clean but other sensors would be cleaned and checked as well as the entire
machine.
I just did a routine maintenance on a customer's machine which is two months
away from it's warranty expiration.  I found that the main motor was showing
signs of a faulty bearing.  After the warranty expires, the customer would have
had to spend around $850 for the motor plus labor to have this repaired.
Don't pinch your dollars to save pennies.  The price you charge your customers
should also include enough funds for a tech to service your machine at least
once a year.
Also, only Amaya OS software prior to 2006 is going to prompt you to blow air
across this sensor during the maintenance timers.  If you are running an older
machine with newer software, you will not be reminded to do this at all.  This
would be explained to you by your local tech.

Best of luck to you,
Ed Orantes