[amayausers.com] Re: off colour index

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 16:08:23 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/893.html#000001

Big Reds have electronic 'eye' sensors on either side of the needle head,
behind the needle bar.
They get covered with lint and dust, and give the machine an error message.
XT's don't have this.
Get a can of airblaster with the tube, and look behind the needle carriage,
under the 'rail' that it slides on. On each side give that area a good blasting
and if you are lucky you can see the sensor-I could never get my head around
enough to see it-but just a good overall blasting did it. That cleans the
sensor off. Then you should be able to restart and the needle should go up and
back where it belongs and you can start over. If you haven't moved anything it
should continue sewing in the same place.
Hopes this helps!