[amayausers] Re: new machine owner troubles

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 14:51:48 -0500

To add on to Rod's list of 'might be wrongs'...
yup, we've done every one of them.
The most common-thread breaks, pops up, and you miss one hole. Sue
does that a lot.
My biggest problem? the thread cone...especially using the small size
with the 'coaster' under it.
Thread gets looping around, and we have a ceiling mount hot air
'blower' for heat. We found that
this kicked on at night and because the machine wasn't covered or
being used-it was actually
blowing the thread enough to unravel a foot or more...and it would
loop down and under the thread cone
or the coaster. You don't even see it-and for awhile the thread can
still feed through-eventually it
wraps around the thread tube, tightens up, and snaps down at the needle.
Most of the time when you are rethreading, you don't notice the
'grab' as you pull excess down.
The machine does notice-and it is enough to trip the sensor as a
thread break, and/or enough
to snap the thread at the needle.
For possible needle problem-remove the thread from needle #1 (or
whatever you have the constant
problem with) and do a 'head down' needle check. Look to see if just
'that' needle is off to one side
in the needle plate. Start with another needle to get an idea of
where the others line up in the plate.
Then check the one in question. If IT is not lining up the same-then
your needle is bent, or if you put
in a new needle, that needle 'bar' can be bent.
Call a tech for instructions to fix that. It is simple but I don't
want to give out wrong info and have
you damage something.
The tech doing a checkup on ours bent one shaft doing something-so he
had the perfect
opportunity to show us how to fix it!

Roland