[amayausers] Re: new computer...

  • From: JerryNiez@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:54:25 EST

strike@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Here's the specs of the 2 I'm looking at:
>
> Dimension 2400
> Intel Celeron Processor (2.40 GHz, 128KB L2 Cache, 400MHz FSB)
> XP Home Edition
> Free upgrade to 512 MB shared DDR SDRAM
> 40GB Hard Drive
> After mail in rebate and my wife's AMA discount it would come to $299
>
> ------OR------
>
> Dimension 3000
> Intel Pentium 4 Processor (2.80 GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, 533 MHz FSB)
> XP Home Edition
> Free Upgrtade to 512 MB DDR SDRAM
> 40 GB Hard Drive
> After rebates etc.  comes to $499.00
>
> (Note: these are so cheap because they come with WordPerfect instead of
> the Microsoft Office Package)

I don't see a monitor listed?   Remember you will be looking at it a lot if
you plan to digitize or edit designs so pick a mid range monitor or better.
Both have 40GB hard drives,  I would like a larger drive because the  designs
take up a lot of space and you don't want to run your drive over 75-80% full.
The processor should be strong enough.
Is there a built-in graphics card on the mother board or is there a separate
card?  I bought an  E-Machine and I had to add a separate graphics card.

Jerry
Artistic Embroidery & More
Traverse City, MI