[amayausers] new computer...

  • From: Peter Strike <strike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 21:41:37 -0800

Can anyone suggest how much computer I need?  The computer I'm
currently using will no longer be available for me (long story).  So in
getting a new one.  I'm looking into a Dell Dimension Desktop (I think
it's their value line).  I'm looking to get the best use of my
dollars!!!  Simply a machine that I know will work for the Amaya
exclusively.

Here's the specs of the 2 I'm looking at:

Dimension 2400
Intel Celeron Processor (2.40 GHz, 128KB L2 Cache, 400MHz FSB)
XP Home Edition
Free upgrade to 512 MB shared DDR SDRAM
40GB Hard Drive
After mail in rebate and my wife's AMA discount it would come to $299

------OR------

Dimension 3000
Intel Pentium 4 Processor (2.80 GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, 533 MHz FSB)
XP Home Edition
Free Upgrtade to 512 MB DDR SDRAM
40 GB Hard Drive
After rebates etc.  comes to $499.00

(Note: these are so cheap because they come with WordPerfect instead of
the Microsoft Office Package)

I've read the recommended specs on the Amaya / DesignShop, and I
believe that both these are good enough to run the AMAYA...  But I was
hoping someone out there who may have one of these could chime in with
some reassurance.... The $299 would be great if it was enough computer
for the job.
Sorry for the long post, any help is appreciated...
Peter Strike
Indianapolis, IN