[amayausers.com] Re: needle off center

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 06:33:26 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1136.html#000001

Margaret,
Can you actually see the needle isn't centered in the needleplate hole with the
needle in the hole itself???
Could it be that you are using too small of needles for thick/tough hats?
80/12 needles are recommended (sharp).
Is there a chance that your needlecase is loose on the machine?
Also, with an XT machine, there is a tab under "Maintenance" called
"Calibration".  Is there a chance someone was clicking on any of the three
buttons in the area??
I've had numerous customers who clicked on these buttons just to "see what
happens" and then had similar problems as you've described.

If you really want to get into calibrating the needlecase centering, I can only
suggest you look it up in the tech manual.  I worry that if you do this, you
could open up a can of worms if you don't do it correctly.

Best of luck,
Ed