[amayausers.com] Re: need to find substitute shirt

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 13:14:24 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/4/483.html#000002

I"ve screened on both for an account up in Maine...all different colors.
What is your screenprinter using-waterbased ink? With plastisol, you can screen
on any weight shirts-even handkerchiefs...thinness has nothing to do with it.
The 'ribbing' might give sharp edges a krinkle look but you can't avoid that.
If he/she is having trouble screening on them, I'd suggest they use 155 mesh
for less ink deposit if they are using lower mesh count. For black on canary,
even up to 195 for fine detail and less ink buildup!
It's SEWING on the lightweight stuff that is a pain-not screening! I've done
material sewn into special bags that was lighter than most hankies with no
problem.