[amayausers] Re: magnetic bobbins

  • From: Bob Purvis <bob.purvis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 09:01:40 -0700

Doug,
I also came to the same method  using the magnetic.
Runs very well for me.

bob
island embroidery

Douglas Parker wrote:
Hi Barbara, I use the Magnetic bobbins almost exclusively. I also use the
Auto-Acti-feed as well. I have found through trial and error, that running
the bobbin tension on the tight side ( about 1/2 inch to 1 inch) drop with a
short shake of the bobbin works for me. One thing I have heard that some
people do with the magnetic bobbin is get it in the bobbin case backwards.
The magnet goes inside the bobbin case. If you get the magnet facing out,
they don't work and the bobbin thread won't spool correctly and cause all
kinds of problems. I am using a January 2003 vintage Amaya. Hope this helps.
Regards, Doug Parker JTB Embroidery Services, Inc.
jtbembsvcinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[1]Denver, CO On 4/13/06 08:40, "Avalon Embroidery
&Apparel" <avalonembroidery@xxxxxxx>[2] wrote: Hi! I was wondering if
someonecould tell me how to use a magnetic bobbin. I tried one yesterday and
the bobbin thread kept breaking when I tried to sew. How should I set the
tension on the bobbin case? I am guessing that was the problem, that I
didn'thave it (the tension) adjusted correctly. Should there be no tension
set at all? Barbara Avalon Embroidery San Diego

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:jtbembsvcinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   2 mailto:avalonembroidery@xxxxxxx