[amayausers.com] Re: machine just stops

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 19:43:48 UT

This message was posted by Laughing Palm on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1436.html#000008

I spoke with Rod at length about this (Thanks, Rod!) and he seemed to agree
that it was the Z-Drive motor that is failing on the old Big Red machines.
Apparently, the XT units would experience similar symptoms.

One telling symptom is that you will see this more often when stitching with
the CAP frame (as opposed to stitching flats), because of the increased stress
on the Z-Drive motor when stitching caps.

I have ordered a new Z-Drive motor and will have it installed, and we'll see
what happens.  If this issue is of interest to you, stay tuned...!!

By the way, an interesting side note:

Z-Drive motors come in 2 varieties.  One is for the older machines, and a newer
version for the more recent models.  There is a $1000.00 price difference
between them!!  Yes, ONE THOUSAND DOLLAR DIFFERENCE!  The newer ones cost
around $300, while the older ones cost around $1300.  The local technician I
spoke with said he can use the newer ones in the older machines, but it would
require a little "chassis work" to make them fit, but would be worth the
savings.  I had to agree, so we'll see...

Cheers (for now)