[amayausers.com] Re: machine just stops

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 01:38:11 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1436.html#000003

Ok, don't want to say this with certainty but I have a feeling one of your
motors is going - especially in the Red.  The original reds were fitted with a
motor that was underpowered and had a tendency to fail.  Can't remember if its
the X or Y motor (maybe Rod can chime in).  Anyway, we had it fail in one of
our three Reds and I replaced it myself.  Biggest thing I remember was the star
washers and their orientation.  It was a while back.

Same exact symptoms as you describe.  Now XT wise, I have no idea, but if it's
a big red, I'd almost put money on a motor failing.