[amayausers.com] Re: help!start/stop buttons unresponsive

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 16:59:17 UT

This message was posted by Mama Kass on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1441.html#000005

OK. Problem solved. Rod is so amazing and we are so fortunate to have him.

A common problem with Big Reds and, to lesser degree, XT's is a communication
failure between the keypad PCB and the mother board.  This can be caused by the
stop button being held down longer than necessary to stop the machine but not
long enough to put it to sleep - the machine enters a sort of limbo and will
not respond to start or sleep commands.

The solution is simple.  Before doing anything else, hold down the stop button
long enough to either put the machine to sleep or until you hear a click in the
machine (10 seconds or so).  Then press the start button.  If it doesn't start
immediately, hold the start button for a few seconds and it should start.

We think this was caused by a newbie freaking out and mashing the daylights out
of the start button which she was trying to use to stop the machine.

 yesterday