[amayausers.com] Re: heat press and fabric

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 15:43:01 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/911.html#000009

Similar problem with neoprene...if it doesn't have a bonded cloth backing-the
needle holes are just like perforations-first time you pull on the neoprene it
will tear just like tearaway backing.
My wetsuit for kayaking has cloth backing-has held up for several years. But
I've gone through several sets of gloves because they don't have the cloth
backing and the stitching tears right apart first time I stretch them over my
hands.
So you have to really think hard before you agree to sew on ANY stretchable
material. The embroidery thread does NOT stretch, so it will easily cause holes
to become tears and runs.
Can't sew on everything!