[amayausers.com] Re: gratitude and 3 maint/adjustment ?'s

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 20:15:17 UT

This message was posted by Mama Kass on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1040.html

First, thank you all so very much for sharing your experience and expertise.  I
feel like a ship loaded with incredibly generous people just landed on our
island.  Hugo, I just did a sew-out of a 100,000 stitch mostly satin-stitch
column design using flocked fabric with metallic thread in a wooden 20.7"x16.8"
hoop...no loops, no puckering, only three thread breaks (mostly due to my
digitizing). Yeah!  I successfully adjusted my x cable with Hugo's help and did
a lube/inspection/adjustment job on my 2004 Big Red that has never seen a tech,
especially enabled by the concise check-lists that Ron includes with his
answers. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Now some questions...
1) did an ink wipe-off test; looking at the moveable knife as "V" - the results
look like the "knife OK" drawing except the ink is almost totally wiped off the
entire left side rather than just the base of the "V". is this OK?  If I do
need to adjust it, it seems that I need to remove the entire bobbin assembly to
get to the left adjustable knife screw. please say it ain't so.
2) tried take-up lever cam disk lube; I've always put grease on something down
in the black hole shown in the photo but I'm never sure its the right thing.
any way of describing where exactly the grease is supposed to go?
3) is the presser foot height supposed to be tight against the fabric when it
is all the way down?  mine just skims the top so I wanted to be sure my one or
two clicks up was getting the height correct. oops, I've embroidered on
everything from upholstery velvet to taffeta without changing this setting.